I was tagged by Alison, of Writing, Wishing, to participate in this Q & A meme. I’ve never done one, but after reading about Alison, Elaine at The Miss Elaine-ous Life, and Brittany at That’s Vandy, I decided to try my hand at the fun.
So, here goes!
Where is your cell phone?
- Right next to me, like it is 24 hours a day. I probably need to attend a social media anonymous meeting, if it exists.
Your significant other?
- He’s a brown man with a southern drawl, and has absolutely no filter…he keeps me laughing every day.
- Not sure what the natural color is anymore, but it’s a sassy blond now. Thanks, Angie, the world’s best hairdresser!
- Is in my kitchen, and we are about to go out for pedicures.
- Passed away seven years ago…but I hope he’s still here with me. He was the funniest daddy and grandpa and told the best stories in the world.
Your favorite thing?
- My Keurig coffee maker, because I can have spicy chai or a mudslide coffee in a flash, whenever mood strikes me.
Your dream last night?
- I dreamed that we got twin bulldog puppies. In real life, we just replaced our carpet, thanks to our peeing-machine dog, so the dream was a nightmare.
Your favorite drink?
- Hands down, a Starbucks caramel macchiato. I became addicted to them when my kids were little. They kept me, and therefore the kids, alive.
- To publish my novel in progress by next year.
The room you are in?
- My bedroom, at my cluttered desk.
- That I will forget to say “I love you” to a loved one, and it’ll be the last time I ever see them.
Where do you want to be in six years?
- Right where I am.
Where were you last night?
- At home, folding laundry. Living the dream, baby. Living the dream.
What are you not?
- I am not an accomplished cook. If my mother-in-law didn’t deliver upon request, I wouldn’t blame my husband for moving on to a nice Indian girl with kitchen skills.
- Cornbread muffins with gobs of whipped butter. I’m a southern girl at heart.
One of your wish list items?
- I wish for a huge kitchen for my family to gather in.
Where you grew up?
- I’m the child of a corporate gypsy, and lived in 10 states before settling down in Georgia.
The last thing you did?
- Ate a Greek yogurt, instead of some spicy Indian snacks I am still craving. But, I don’t know how to record Indian stuff on my Weight Watchers app, so yogurt it is.
What are you wearing?
- A new J.Crew button down shirt, skinny jeans, and fuzzy socks.
- One in every room, but if I had my way, we wouldn’t have any.
- A hermit crab, a bearded dragon, and my next door neighbor’s four cats that think they live with us.
- I’m a PC.
- Is blessed in so many ways. I want to thank the Academy…I mean, my parents, my husband, my kids, my brothers, my in-laws, my friends, and God, for being a part of it.
- My big brother, who passed away four weeks ago. He’s the good looking guy at the bottom right, in the photo above. I more than miss him. I wish with all my heart to have my childhood nemesis back, for him to point his finger at me villainously, just to piss me off. But, instead of whining to my mom, I would hug him like I should have been doing all along.
- A smokin’ fast black sedan. Love it, because it’s the first time in 19 years I don’t have a mommy-mobile.
Something you are not wearing?
- My favorite perfume. I’ll be right back after I spritz some on.
- White House, Black Market. A two color wardrobe is as creative as I get.
- Can’t come soon enough. Hoping for the return of my in-laws from South Africa, so that our whole family can spend some sandy, sunny time together.
- The baristas at my local Starbucks. It’s the place where everybody knows my name, and they’re always glad I came (at least, they act like they are).
Your favorite color?
- Aqua blue or terracotta, depending on my mood.
When was the last time you laughed?
- A few minutes ago, when I saw a funny post on Facebook.
Last time you cried?
- When I answered the question about missing my bro.
What is one thing on your To-Do list?
- Fix dinner for out-of-town relatives, homework with my first grader, write a lesson plan, empty the dishwasher, and brush my hair before my husband gets home. Oh yeah, and heat up my Keurig for some Chai while I work.
Now I’m tagging you. Link up with Elaine and Brittany and pass on the fun! Tweet them at @elainea and @BrittanyVandy, hashtag #OSBlog!